Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 4: Red Velvet Cupcakes

Barb's red velvet cupcakes were
eagerly anticipated -- and worth the wait!
After weeks of waiting, it is my turn to make the cupcakes. I have to admit I was a little nervous about making cupcakes for the group. My experience is that when I have to make something to take somewhere, things will go wrong.

My name is Barb and I made the Red Velvet Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting. The recipe was very easy to follow. I did have to go to the store for a few things like buttermilk, almond extract, vinegar and red food coloring.

The red food coloring was a little messy. I shortened the baking time by about 3 minutes and probably should have started testing the cupcakes at about 18 to 20 minutes. When I opened the container I had placed the cupcakes in for transportation, they smelled wonderful. The color of the cupcakes was beautiful. Everyone at home thought the cupcakes tasted pretty good.

Although the cupcakes were simply frosted, I could easily imagine these cupcakes decorated for Valentine's Day.
Inside the red velvet cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think I liked red velvet until I tried these cupcakes. They were awesome!

    ReplyDelete